Registration is now open for the second Digital Approaches to the History of Science Workshop, which will take place at the History Faculty, University of Oxford, on 23 March 2018 (9:30 to 17:00) .
Confirmed speakers include:
- Richard Dunn: the Board of Longitude Project
- Christy Henshaw: the Wellcome Collection
- Miranda Lewis, Howard Hotson, Arno Bosse: Cultures of Knowledge
- Robert McNamee: Electronic Enlightenment Project
- Tobias Schweizer, Sepideh Alassi: Bernoulli-Euler Online (BEOL)
- Sally Shuttleworth: Diseases of Modern Life or Constructing Scientific Communities
- with lightning talks by Grant Miller and Yelda Nasifoglu
The event is free but due to limited space, registration is required; see the Eventbrite page for more information.
Image: René Descartes, Principia philosophiae (Amsterdam, 1644), ‘Cartesian network of vortices of celestial motion’, p. 110. Bodleian Library Savile T 22. Edited in Photoshop by Yelda Nasifoglu.